(Oct. 5, 2018) Hyatt Place Ocean City/Oceanfront, the first Hyatt-branded hotel in the resort, is officially open.
The new hotel features the Hyatt Place brand’s intuitive design, casual atmosphere and practical amenities, such as free Wi-Fi and 24-hour food offerings. The hotel is a joint venture owned by PRBR Hospitality Group LLC and operated by TKo Hospitality Management.
The hotel is located oceanfront directly on the Ocean City Boardwalk at 16th Street.
All guestrooms at Hyatt Place Ocean City/Oceanfront feature a private balcony with spectacular views to experience the tranquility of the ocean and the excitement of the Boardwalk.
“As the town of Ocean City continues to grow and thrive economically, we are excited to add to the momentum by welcoming the first Hyatt Place Hotel to the area,” said General Manager Ken Conklin. “Our smartly designed social spaces and guestrooms with separate work and sleep areas, our multitasking guests can easily accomplish what they need while on their beach vacation.”
Hyatt Place Ocean City/Oceanfront offers:
· 105 spacious guestrooms with separate spaces to sleep, work and play, as well as a Cozy Corner sofa-sleeper
· Free Wi-Fi throughout hotel and guestrooms
· Gallery Kitchen Breakfast, a hot breakfast available daily in the Gallery Kitchen, features hot breakfast items, fresh fruit, steel cut oatmeal, Greek yogurt, among other items
· 24/7 Gallery Menu & Market serving freshly prepared meals anytime, day or night and packaged sandwiches and salads
· Coffee to Cocktails Bar featuring Starbucks specialty coffee drinks, local craft beers, as well as wines and cocktails
· Odds & Ends program for forgotten items that guests can buy, borrow or enjoy for free
· Meetings spaces offer more than 1,550 square feet of flexible, high-tech meeting/function space
· 24-hour gym featuring cardio equipment with LCD touchscreens and free ear buds.
“Ocean City is a vibrant town, filled with friendly people, great businesses and an ever-expanding list of great places to visit and things to do or see,” said Assistant General Manager Veronica Hernandez. “Our hotel is central to all of them and we are confident that Hyatt Place Ocean City/Oceanfront will exceed guest expectations and provide them with everything they need while visiting the area.”
In his role, Conklin is directly responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the hotel, including overseeing its 50 associates and ensuring guests encounter the thoughtful service for which the Hyatt Place brand is known.
Director of Sales Lauren Prendergast is responsible for providing sales service and support to travelers and meeting planners frequenting the Ocean City area.
For more information, visit hyattplaceoceancityoceeanfront.com.