(Oct. 25, 2019) Children won’t be the only ones who get to celebrate Halloween. Check out the dozens of Halloween specials and parties just for adults at area bars and restaurants.
Here are a few of the celebrations:
• BJ’s on the Water, 75th Street, will have a happy hour Halloween party on Wednesday, Oct. 30, from 5-8 p.m. Costumes are not required. Entertainment will be provided by Teenage Rust and the Fabulous Rustettes.
For more information, visit www.bjsonthewater.com.
• Bourbon Street on the Beach, 116th Street, will have its costume contest on Halloween night from 8-11 p.m. Enjoy happy hour food and drink specials all night.
Winners of the costume contest will receive gift cards – $100, first, $75 for second and $50 for third place.
Entertainment kicks off at 8 p.m. with Chris Button and Staff Infection. For more information, call 443-644-2896.
• Carousel, 118th Street, will have a monster ice skating party on Sunday, Oct. 27, from 3:30-5:30 p.m. Tickets cost $10 to participate.
In addition, the hotel and condominium will include a costume contest, free candy, a bouncy house and other free activities.
For more information, call 410-524-1000.
• Duffy’s Tavern, located inside Montego Bay Shopping Center on 130th Street, will have a karaoke party on Saturday, beginning at 5 p.m.
For more information, call 410-250-1449.
• Dunes Manor, 28th Street, will hold several Halloween activities on Saturday.
At noon, children can make their own Halloween masks. At 1 p.m., guests can decorate their own pumpkin spice Halloween cupcake.
At 2 p.m., children can dress up in costumes and participate in a scavenger hunt for the pirates’ treasure.
Following the scavenger hunt, children will parade around the lobby showing off their costumes and trick-or-treat at 3 p.m., while parents and other guests can enjoy the daily tea time but with pumpkin cookies instead of scones.
On Sunday, the hotel will premiere its new mascot, “Crumpet,” who will be in the Victorian Room during breakfast from 9-11 a.m.
At 5 p.m., guests can learn how to make a Ghoul Ol’Fashioned at the Art Bar.
For more information, call 410-289-1100.
• Harpoon Hanna’s, Route 54, Fenwick Island, “Team Refuge” for Relay for Life will host its seventh annual Zombie Jamboree on Saturday, Oct. 26 from 6-9 p.m.
Special spooky Halloween appetizers and Halloween cocktails will be featured, along with happy hour pricing for other drinks. Music and dancing with a DJ.
There will be a 50/50 raffle and a silent auction. Prizes for the best costumes. Costumes are optional. A $10 donation will go to the American Cancer Society.
For more information, call BJ Cain at 302-559-5718.
• Nori Sushi, inside Gold Coast Mall on 115th Street, will host its weekly Ladies’ Night specials on Wednesday, Oct. 30, and also have a costume party from 5-8 p.m. A drawing for gift cards to the restaurant will take place at 8 p.m.
For more information, call Nori at 443-880-6258.
• Ocean Club at Clarion Hotel, 101st Street, will be awarding $500 for the best Halloween costume on Saturday, Oct. 26. Second place will receive $100 and third will take home $50. Register by 10 p.m. for the contest. For more information, call 410-524-7500.
• Ocean Downs Casino, in Berlin, will hold its own trick-or-treat event on Halloween night from 5-9 p.m. Players who earn 250 points can choose a bag of candy and possibly win up to $500 in free play. Participates must be 21 or older to participate in the event.
For more information, call 410-641-0600.
• Pickles Pub, Eighth Street, will have its annual Halloween costume contest, Thursday, Oct. 31. The contest will take place around midnight. Must be present to win. Prizes awarded for best costumes.
Entertainment will be provided by DJ Wax at 10 p.m. Enjoy drink specials including $2.50 domestic bottles, $3 Torada and grenades and $4 Hoop Tea and green tea shots.
For more information, call 410-289-4891.
• Seacrets, 49th Street, will hold its annual Halloween costume contest Saturday, Oct. 26, from 5 p.m. to 2 a.m.
Happy hour is 4-7 p.m. with $6 frozen pain in de ass, orange crush, electric lemonade, pina coladas and rum runner, $5 Seacrets spirits, $4 Seacrets TropicAle and $3 domestic cans.
Judges will walk around and select contestants early, starting at 5 p.m. The first-place prize is a trip to Jamaica. Second- and third-place winners will receive cash prizes.
Entertainment kicks off in the tiki bar area at 5 p.m. with Full Circle, followed by Lima Bean Riot with DJ Tuff at 9 p.m.
In the nightclub don’t miss Gypsy Wisdom with DJ Cruz at 10 p.m. Finishing off the entertainment will be DJ Bobby-O at the tiki bar at 10 p.m.
The local’s Halloween party will take place on Halloween night, next Thursday inside Morley Hall, beginning at 10 p.m. There wil be a costume contest with prizes.
For more information, call 410-524-4900.
• Whisker’s Bar and Grill, in the Ocean Pines shopping center, will have its Halloween costume contest tonight, Friday, Oct. 25, beginning at 10 p.m.
Participants must be registered by 11:30 p.m. to enter. The first-prize winner will receive $300, second place gets $150 and third place wins dinner for two. Stick around for more prizes and giveaways and catch DJ Donnie Berkey hosting karaoke.
For more information, call 410-208-3922 or visit www.whiskersbar.com.