(Oct. 26, 2018) Children won’t be the only ones who get to celebrate Halloween. Check out the dozens of Halloween specials and parties just for adults at area bars and restaurants.
• Fager’s Island, 60th Street, has two Halloween parties, Saturday, Oct. 27. The first is the Haunted Island Happy Hour, 5-9 p.m. Drink specials include $5 craft beer, martinis, crushes and house wine. Catch DJ Rob Cee spinning music throughout. Best happy hour costume will win a night at the Edge Hotel.
Then later on, hang out for the Halloween dance party, 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. A costume contest will take place with a $500 prize, and catch DJ Groove and Jumper on the deck.
For more information, visit www.fagers.com.
• Seacrets, 49th Street, will hold its Howl-O-Ween Costume and Cocktails party tonight, Friday, from 6-9 p.m. tickets cost $75 and will benefit the Life Crisis Center in Berlin.
There will also be a Halloween costume contest Saturday, Oct. 27, from 5 p.m. to 2 a.m. Happy hour is 4-7 p.m. with $6 frozen pain in de ass, orange crush, electric lemonade, pina coladas and rum runner, $5 Seacrets spirits, $4 Seacrets TropicAle and $3 domestic cans.
Judges will walk around and select contestants early, starting at 5 p.m. The first-place prize is a trip to Jamaica. Second- and third-place winners will receive cash prizes.
Entertainment kicks off in the tiki bar area at 5 p.m. with Full Circle, followed by the JJ Rupp band at 9 p.m. In the nightclub don’t miss Gypsy Wisdom at 10 p.m.
The local’s Halloween costume contest will be held Wednesday, Oct. 31. The party kicks off at 4 p.m. Prizes include gift certificates – $100 for first, $50 for second and $25 for third.
To hear more, call 410-524-4900.
• Pickles Pub, Eighth Street, will have its annual Halloween costume contest, Friday, Oct. 26, from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. The contest is at midnight, and there is no cover. There will be prizes for best costume and two runners-up.
Entertainment will be provided by City Painted Green at 10 p.m. Enjoy $5 crushes and other drink specials. For more information, call 410-289-4891.
• Purple Moose, Boardwalk at Talbot Street, will have Bad with Names play Halloween jams on Saturday, Oct. 27, starting at 9:30 p.m. Costumes are not required. For more, call 410-289-6953.
• Bourbon Street on the Beach, 116th Street, has its costume contest on Halloween night from 8-11 p.m. Enjoy happy hour food and drink specials all night.
Winners of the costume contest will receive gift cards – $100, first, $75 for second and $50 for third place. Entertainment kicks off at 8 p.m. with Identity Crisis.
For more information, call 443-644-2896.
• Ocean 13, 13th Street on the Boardwalk, will kick off its Halloween party on Sunday, Oct. 28, with a costume karaoke party at 9 p.m. as well as giveaways and prizes. Drink specials will be served in the Whiskey Lounge.
For more information, call 410-289-6213.
• Tailchasers, 122nd Street, will serve candy for children and have its servers dress up for Halloween on Wednesday, Oct. 31.
For more information, call 443-664-7075.
• M.R. Ducks, Talbot Street, will have a daytime party, weather pending, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 27. Costumes will be judged by the servers at 5 p.m. The winner will receive a $50 gift certificate. Live entertainment will be provided by Kevin Poole.
For more information, call 410-289-9125.
• BJ’s on the Water, 75th Street, will have a happy hour Halloween party on Wednesday. Oct. 31, 5-8 p.m. Costumes are not required. Entertainment will be provided by Teenage Rust and the Fabulous Rustettes. For more information, visit www.bjsonthewater.com.
• Ocean Club at Clarion Hotel, 101st Street, will be awarding $500 for the best Halloween costume on Saturday, Oct. 27. Second place will receive $100 and third will take home $50. Register by 10 p.m. for the contest. For more information, call 410-524-7500.
• The Frog Bar, Boardwalk in the Inlet Village, will host a Halloween party on Saturday, Oct. 27, starting at 6 p.m. There will be a costume contest with a $100 prize for the best outfit.
Discounted prices on drinks and food, including $1 off for appetizers.
For more information, call 410-289-3764.
• Hooters, Route 50 in West Ocean City, will have a Halloween party tonight, Oct. 26. A costume contest will take place from 4-8 p.m. Then, rock out to spooky mixes by DJ BK also from 4-8 p.m. while enjoying some discounted drink specials.
For more information, call 410-213-1841.
• Whisker’s Bar and Grill, in the Ocean Pines shopping center, will have its Halloween costume contest Friday, Oct. 26 beginning at 10 p.m. Participants must be registered by 11:30 p.m. to enter. The first-prize winner receives $300, second place gets $150 and third place wins dinner for two. Stick around for more prizes and giveaways. Catch DJ Donnie Berkey doing karaoke.
For more information, call 410-208-3922 or visit www.whiskersbar.com.
• Harpoon Hanna’s, Route 54, Fenwick Island, “Team Refuge” for Relay for Life is having its sixth annual Zombie Jamboree on Oct. 27 from 6-9 p.m.
Special spooky Halloween appetizers, and $3 Halloween cocktails will be featured, along with Happy Hour pricing for other drinks. Music and dancing with a DJ.
There will be a 50/50 raffle and a silent auction. Prizes for the best costumes. Costumes are optional. A $10 donation will go to the American Cancer Society. For more information, call 302-539-3095.