Owners of the "Big Wheel," a massive Ferris wheel Trimper Rides brought to the south end of the Boardwalk, are dismantling the attraction after Ocean City Council members demanded the ride be moved so it did not hang 10 feet over the boards. Rather than move the ride, the owner has decided to take it out of the resort area.
- Humidity: 85%
- Cloud Coverage:91%
- Wind: 10 mph
- UV Index: 5 Moderate
- Sunrise: 05:37:33 AM
- Sunset: 08:27:26 PM
Showers and thunderstorms likely - heavy rainfall is possible, especially during the morning. High 76F. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 100%.
Mostly cloudy. Low 57F. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.
A few passing clouds, otherwise generally sunny. High around 70F. Winds NE at 10 to 15 mph.
- ‘Big Wheel’ owner says ride may remain in Ocean City
- Ocean City tourism director Perlozzo plans to rebrand resort
- Three arrested for stealing car then fleeing Ocean City police
- Two charged in Sunday morning shooting
- Trio arrested for stash of drugs
- Ocean City Air Show swoops into beach resort this weekend
- Ocean City Police scrutinized for excessive force in videos
- Talbot Boys rally, march in Easton
- Tequila Frogs pitches food, drinks
- UPDATE: Ocean City Mayor, police issue statements on viral video from weekend Boardwalk incident