Owners of the "Big Wheel," a massive Ferris wheel Trimper Rides brought to the south end of the Boardwalk, are dismantling the attraction after Ocean City Council members demanded the ride be moved so it did not hang 10 feet over the boards. Rather than move the ride, the owner has decided to take it out of the resort area.
- Humidity: 91%
- Cloud Coverage:9%
- Wind: 6 mph
- UV Index: 7 High
- Sunrise: 06:45:37 AM
- Sunset: 07:01:42 PM
Sunny. High 76F. Winds NNE at 10 to 15 mph.
Clear skies. Low 64F. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph.
Intervals of clouds and sunshine. High near 75F. Winds E at 10 to 20 mph.
- Commissioners OK H2Oi special event zone for all county
- Worcester County motorcycle crash claims life of Delaware man
- Ocean City councilman under fire after 'racist' comment comes from Facebook account
- Whaleyville event draws ire of animal rights proponents
- Motorcycles, demos, and rock 'n' roll come to Ocean City
- Motorcycle enthusiasts pour into Ocean City
- Ocean City housing project hits slight snag
- Police: Judge Newell used .44 Magnum to kill himself; death investigation ongoing but questions remain on child exploitation case
- Ocean City approves beach treasure hunt and more
- County settles dispute between ABH, Ocean City residents